My friend and I were going to go to Hilton Head but we ended up pushing that trip back. Now we are interested in going to Catalina Island .
We are trying to decide whether we should fly or drive and wondering if we could get some advice.
Pros of driving:
– we won’t have to pay for Ubers from the airport
– factoring in time waiting at the airport, it would be about the same time driving as flying
– more on our schedule, and with flights getting delayed it would be nice to have more freedom
– we can split the cost of gas
Cons of driving:
– would have to pay for parking, though not as expensive
– we would have to get up early
– we haven’t driven that way before
Pros of flying:
– we would fly in the morning so there is less likelihood of a flight getting canceled
– we like flying
Cons of flying:
– we would have to drive to the airport and pay for parking or get someone to drive us
– would have to schedule Ubers
– the time would be cutting it close
I’m honestly leaning a bit toward driving only because of the airport thing, but I just don’t know. The drive is 5 hours.