Our general plan looks like this so far
– We land in Lisbon which we’ll stay for the night. The next morning we fly to Madrid, I debated wether or not to go to Seville first then Madrid for reasons I’ll mention later but I *think* Madrid might be the better choice.
– We stay 2 days in Madrid, one of the days I hope to go to Toledo. After that we take the train to Barcelona, don’t know wether Zaragoza is worth stopping at or not
– We stay 2 days in Barcelona. We head to Valencia probably by plane, i don’t know if there’s any other quick and cheap option.
– Stay 1 day in Valencia and leave the next morning for Granada. I kinda need help finding a good generally cheap and quick way to get there
– 1 or 2 days in Granada, I’m thinking 1 since it’s seems smaller but everyone talks about how beautiful it is so maybe 2. From here I don’t know if I should go to Cordoba or Malaga.
– Probably will only spend 1 day in Cordoba/Malaga. After that we go to Seville which pains me a bit because it seems more efficient to head to Spain after Cordoba/Malaga.
– I’m thinking 2 days in Seville
**Now I need to know a good way to get to Morocco**
– I was thinking of heading over to Gibraltar just for a quick visit as it seems interesting and to check out the monkeys but not even for a full day, after that getting a ferry from Algeciras to Tangier. I’d love to say I “sailed” across the Strait of Gibraltar but I’m willing to change all of this if it seems like a bad idea and there’s something a lot
better. Also I plan on renting a car for this portion of the trip unless the busses and grand taxis are truly good enough
– Still most options seem to land in Tangier but I haven’t heard great things about it so I plan on heading to Chefchaouen as soon as possible
– Despite my heart wanting to stay in Chefchaouen for 2 days, since it’s small I think I can see a lot of pretty things and get going after 1. We then go to either Meknes or Fes but most likely Fes for reasons I’ll bring up later. There seems to be two roads, the N13 seems more efficient but if the N2-R509-N8 is a more scenic drive i could live with that as well.
– If we go to Fes we stay 2 days, if we go to Meknes we stay 1 . Originally I thought Meknes first then Fez and then I would head to Ouarzazate by way of Errachidia and after Ouarzazate we go to Marrakech. I thought it might be nice to maybe make a bunch of day trips like Tinghir and Skoura but honestly it just seems like a lot of driving and our schedule already maybe seems pretty tight. Maybe that is a good idea please let me know but now I’m thinking Fes then Meknes along with it’s famous day trips, then we head to Rabat.
– Rabat looks nice but wasn’t really originally on the agenda but it seems nice enough. Pictures look nice and I’ve heard good things but also some bad so I’m not sure maybe just 1 day there. Then we head to Marrakech.
– I’m aware of all the notoriety with Marrakech but it still seems fun. I want to spend two days there, in truth really only 1 because the next day I want to do an Atlas mountain trip. I’m hoping the Atlas mountain trip will scratch my itch of originally wanting to head to Ouarzazate after Fes, and I hope we get to see sone thing like Ait Benhaddou and sone oases. Once we get back the next day I want to head to Essaouira
– I’m thinking 2 days in Essaouira but if people agree it can be done in 1 I can settle for that. After that I think we head up the coast to Casablanca or Rabat and get a flight back to Lisbon and we head back home from Lisbon.